The three Pak nationals were arrested from their house in Kumaraswamy Layout on May 24, 2017

During the investigation police found that Shihab had gone to Qatar in 2012 and was working as an office boy

BANGALORE: Two of three Pakistani nationals who, along with an NRI, were arrested in 2017 by the city police for illegally staying in India were deported to Pakistan.

The couple Kashif Shamshuddin (33) and his wife Kirron Gulam Ali (27), who hailed from Chakragot in Karachi, were on Sunday handed over to Pakistani authorities at the Wagah-Attari border.

Another Pakistani national Sameera alias Nazma (27) who was arrested along with the couple is still in Parappana Agrahara Central Prison with her child she gave birth to after the arrest. The three Pakistani nationals illegally entered India via Nepal and were residing in the city for nine months until they were arrested. They had fake documents, including Aadhaar cards.

In May 2017, the sleuths of Central Crime Branch (CCB) had picked up the three Pakistani nationals and the NRI, Mohammad Shihab, hailing from Kerala. Initially Shihab was picked up on suspicion being a car thief, which eventually led to the arrest of the three Pakistani nationals living at his residence.

During the investigation police found that Shihab had gone to Qatar in 2012 and was working as an office boy. There he met Sameera, a domestic help in the same company. The duo got married in 2015 against their families’ wishes. Sameera’s elder brothers, who worked as cab drivers in Qatar, learnt about the wedding and they immediately took her to Karachi. The family members reportedly harassed and ill-treated her. She was allegedly forced to undergo an abortion.

Later with the help of her cousin, Shamshuddin, Sameer managed to get in touch with Shihab over phone. Shihab asked Sameera to come to Qatar so that they can go to India and live there. Sameera left for Qatar along with Shamshuddin and Kirron. Later, four of them left for Kathmandu in Nepal. The three Pakistanis had used their country’s passport to reach there. From there, they crossed the Indian border by foot and then took a train to Bihar. From there, they took another train to reach Bangalore.