Indian army foiled two attempts made be the terrorists to infiltrate in last 48 hours

The Indian army foiled two infiltration attempts along the Line of Control (LoC) in the Naushera Sector of Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri district in the last 48 hours, capturing one Pakistani terrorist alive while two others died in a landmine blast.

On August 21, soldiers deployed in the Jhangar sector of Naushera spotted the movement of two to three terrorists along the Line of Control in the early hours of the day.

One of the terrorists came closer to the Indian post and tried cutting the fence. When he was challenged by alert sentries, the terrorist tried to flee. However, he was brought down by effective fire, incapacitating him.

Two terrorists, who were hiding behind, fled the area by taking cover of dense jungle and broken ground. The injured Pakistani terrorist was captured alive and provided with immediate medical aid and lifesaving surgery was carried out.

The captured terrorist has been identified as Tabarak Hussain, a resident of Sabzkot village, district Kotli of Pakistan occupied Kashmir. On further interrogation, the terrorist confessed about their plan to attack the Indian Army Post.

Tabarak Hussain stated that he was sent by a Colonel of the Pakistan Intelligence Agency named Col. Yunus Chaudhary, who had paid him 30,000 Pakistani Rupees. Tabarak also revealed that he, along with other terrorists, had carried two/ three close recces of Indian forward posts with an aim to target them at an opportune time. The go ahead to target the Indian post was given by Col Yunus Chaudhry on August 21, 2022. Incidentally, the individual was earlier captured by Indian Army from the same sector in 2016 along with his brother Haroon Ali, and was repatriated on humanitarian grounds in November 2017.

In the second operation, on the night of August 22-23, 2022, a group of two to three terrorists tried to infiltrate in Lam sector of Naushera district of Jammu and Kashmir. The Indian soldiers were able to observe the terrorists as they crossed the Line of Control and continuously monitored this movement. As they moved ahead into the mine fields a series of mines got activated and two terrorists got eliminated on the spot. The other terrorists are possibly injured and are hiding in the area or have gone back taking advantage of the inclement weather and dense foliage.

In the morning of Aug 23, a quadcopter was flown over the area and bodies of the two dead terrorists were observed. A deliberate operation was launched through the heavily mined area and the bodies of the two terrorists have were recovered along with one AK-56, three Magazines and a large quantity of ammunition and war like stores.

As the area is heavily mined, the search operation is being carried out carefully and is still under progress. More recoveries in the area are expected.

The two infiltration bids in a short span of 48 hours are a direct attempt by the adversary across our western borders to disrupt the peace in Rajouri region.